Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Character-Inspired Clothing: Loki

Yikes! It's been a while since I've posted anything. My apologies. Anyway, today I'll be posting a tutorial or guide on how to dress like a character. This is not, NOT, a casual!cosplay tutorial. I can't tell you how much I loathe casual cosplays. Putting on a wig and wearing a country's flag does not count, no matter where you're from.

But I digress.

For this tutorial I'll be using Loki (Thor movie/comics, but mostly the movie) as an example. I have some mad love for him, and I happen to have quite a bit of black clothing anyway.

So let's get started!

Loki wears green, black, silver and gold. All at once. And he pulls it off like a boss. So those are the main colors I'll be wearing as well.














To start with, I grabbed a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a black burn-out t-shirt. The jeans are from Target, the shirt is from Express (mad love for that store).

Yes, the shirt is mostly see-through but don't worry! I'll be wearing another shirt over that!




I chose jeans with little metal studs on the pocket to mimic the studs that Loki has on the left side of his costume.











Then I looked at jewelry. Loki has this epic gold necklace. Turns out my dad had given my mom this cool gold/diamond necklace when they were dating, so I borrowed it for this outfit.














Then I grabbed a green shirt to go over my black tee.

Both shirts are Express, but the green one was a Goodwill find and I've never seen another like it. But any dark green shirt can work, depending on how you wear it!
















Now we move onto the hair. Sorry for my derp face getting all up in this tutorial, but it was kind of necessary. Loki's hair is slicked back, so I mimicked that by pulling it into a half pony tail so that the hair pulled away from my face.

















After all of that I threw on a black leather jacket and went to school. I mean. I went to Jotunheim. Right? I didn't have time to take a picture because I was running late, but it looked pretty sweet all put together.

Well there you have it! Now you too can dress like Asgard's favorite trickster. Thanks for reading!

Mischief be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment